Administrative Team

About I CAN SCHOOLS

I CAN SCHOOLS is a non-profit, charter school management organization created in 2010 by the founding leaders of a highly successful, award-winning, urban school in Cleveland, Ohio. The mission of I CAN SCHOOLS is to prepare students for a college preparatory high school that ensures acceptance and graduation from a four year college and/or university. I CAN SCHOOLS is dedicated to providing all students with an education that supersedes standards of excellence. To learn about more about I CAN SCHOOLS visit us on the web at www.icanschools.org.

The Future of I CAN

In 2013-2014 I CAN SCHOOLS will be expanding its locations throughout Ohio anticipating openings into the Youngstown and Toledo areas for the 2015 school year and beyond.  Local colleges and universities have partnered with I CAN SCHOOLS to provide teachers with a quality internship experience, ultimately driving student performance.  Oberlin College’s Conservatory of Music is collaborating with I CAN SCHOOLS to further expand the music program and enrichment opportunities offered to students in grades K-12.  I CAN SCHOOLS will continue its commitment, in collaboration with school leaders, classroom teachers and support staff, to obtain federal and local grants to assist with future network growth and financial needs to continue on the path of success as a high performing network of schools.

Compensation

I CAN SCHOOLS offers an exceptional benefit package to all full time employees through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio that include, medical, dental and vision. This package is one of the most competitive benefit packages offered to employees in the Cleveland area. I CAN SCHOOLS pays 90% of employee premiums only leaving employees to pay a minimal 10% premium each month.  Employees participate in Ohio STRS (state teacher retirement system). I CAN SCHOOLS pays a 14% contribution to STRS and employees contribute a minimal 10%. I CAN SCHOOLS leader salary is competitive and ranked above most high performing charter schools in the State of Ohio. 

Working Conditions

At I CAN SCHOOLS, we work tirelessly to ensure our leaders and teachers can spend their time on what is important – our students.  I CAN SCHOOLS boasts incredibly structured and organized buildings, systems and routines.  All leaders are equipped with the tools needed to succeed including modern conveniences in technology, talented personnel, and professional work spaces. Our leaders are provided with individualized coaching and ongoing leadership development.  Leaders are supported and encouraged in their endeavors to network and to further develop their professional goals.    

Why I CAN

I CAN SCHOOLS recognizes that it takes great leaders to build, lead and sustain outstanding schools.  We prioritize leadership development and invest in our leaders through a one year leadership development course called I CAN LEAD.  Leaders are supported in their leadership roles by members of the management team and are provided with consistent feedback and assistance to effectively manage and lead  high performing schools.  Leaders at I CAN SCHOOLS know that it is possible for every child to go to college.  We do what is right for our students, even if it is difficult to do. We invest in our own and others’ development.  We celebrate successes, both big and small.  We can, and we do.

Enroll Now