Operations Coordinator

About I CAN SCHOOLS

I CAN SCHOOLS is a non-profit, charter school management organization created in 2010 by the founding leaders of a highly successful, award-winning, urban school in Cleveland, Ohio. The mission of I CAN SCHOOLS is to prepare students for a college preparatory high school that ensures acceptance and graduation from a four year college and/or university. I CAN SCHOOLS is dedicated to providing all students with an education that supersedes standards of excellence. To learn about more about I CAN SCHOOLS visit us on the web at www.icanschools.org.

Job Description & Specific Responsibilities

A highly organized operations office will ensure the success of the company. The I CAN SCHOOLS Operations Coordinator will work directly with the Operations Manager and CEO to maintain an effective Operations Department of the company.
  • Builds strong and effective working relationships with all external vendors, as needed
  • Communicates effectively school sponsors submits compliance reports as needed
  • Proactively seeks to trouble shoot any vendor issue to ensure company effectiveness
  • Organizes mail from all schools, including invoices, for the Purchasing Coordinator
  • Organizes all payroll records, in coordination with the Office Manager
  • Performs general administrative duties, including drafting emails to employees and vendors, as requested.
  • Maintains complete, accurate and organized personnel files
  • Attends scheduled meetings with the founders and CFO, as requested
  • Consistently meet deadlines for assigned tasks and projects while completing quality work
  • Maintains punctuality in arrival to work on a daily basis, dresses in a professional manner and acts with a customer service demeanor at all times
  • Complete tasks and assignments with an in depth understanding of the intention of the task at hand
  • Demonstrates an initiative to identify areas of need within the operations office and proactively seeks to improve and remediate these areas of need
  • Documents certain procedures and systems under the guidance and at the request of the founders
  • Demonstrates a “do whatever it takes” mentality and approach to the job including, but not limited to, dedicating time above and beyond to ensure tasks are completed to support the overall successful function of the company

Qualifications

  • Positive attitude and strong attention to detail
  • Evidence of self-motivation/team player
  • Exceptional written and oral communication skills
  • Bachelor’s degree required
  • Previous support experience preferred

The Future of I CAN

In 2013-2014 I CAN SCHOOLS expanded its locations to Maple Heights, Akron, and Canton, Ohio in addition to its already existing 4 campuses located in Cleveland. Local colleges and universities have partnered with I CAN SCHOOLS to provide teachers with a quality internship experience, ultimately driving student performance. I CAN SCHOOLS will continue its commitment, in collaboration with school leaders, classroom teachers and support staff, to obtain federal and local grants to assist with future network growth and financial needs to continue on the path of success as a high performing network of schools.

Compensation

I CAN SCHOOLS offers an exceptional benefit package to all full time employees through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio that include, medical, dental and vision. This package is one of the most competitive benefit packages offered to employees in the Cleveland area. I CAN SCHOOLS pays 90% of employee premiums only leaving employees to pay a 10% premium each month. Employees participate in Ohio SERS (state employee retirement system). Additionally, I CAN SCHOOLS pays a 14% contribution to SERS and employees contribute a minimal 10%. The Office Coordinator position is a full time, salaried position. Anticipated start date for this position is September 23, 2013. The anticipated salary is $40,000.00 (pro-rated).

Why I CAN

I CAN SCHOOLS value its employees by providing meaningful and intentional administrative coaching dedicated to transforming teachers into master educators. I CAN SCHOOLS builds and maintains a professional and healthy adult learning community by entertaining several social events throughout the school year, hosting school retreats, and presenting teacher of the year awards for each campus.

To apply

Send resume and cover letter to Marshall Emerson, CEO at memerson@icanschools.org